On Tuesday 25 Mar 2003 7:42 pm, Miark wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:02:17 -0600
> I have never burned a coaster in Linux, and my discs have never been
> rejected in other drives. And even if it happens, so what? Blank media
> is so inexpenive that it costs almost nothing to burn another one.

I think the problem is that we never 'verify' burns.  I have once accidentally
burned at too high a speed.  It appeared to finish correctly, but when I
wanted to use one of the install apps on it I failed.  There was no
indication, but it must have been faulty.  It wasn't critical for me, because
it was only a downloaded antivirus app update, and was easily downloaded
again, but if it had been critical data I would have been b****d.

I agree with the strategy of keeping burns well below 'maximum' speed.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302