Anne Wilson wrote:

On Tuesday 25 Mar 2003 7:42 pm, Miark wrote:

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:02:17 -0600
I have never burned a coaster in Linux, and my discs have never been
rejected in other drives. And even if it happens, so what? Blank media
is so inexpenive that it costs almost nothing to burn another one.

I think the problem is that we never 'verify' burns. I have once accidentally burned at too high a speed. It appeared to finish correctly, but when I wanted to use one of the install apps on it I failed. There was no indication, but it must have been faulty. It wasn't critical for me, because it was only a downloaded antivirus app update, and was easily downloaded again, but if it had been critical data I would have been b****d.

I agree with the strategy of keeping burns well below 'maximum' speed.

Anne

]# mount /mnt/cdrom
]# ls /mnt/cdrom
Boot/  Mandrake/