As the subject implies, I am recording my old cassette tapes to make CDs. Some
of them are nearing 22 years old and I don't want to lose them. I am using
gramofile since I can't quite get audacity to record to harddrive. Now the
question is, what's the best way to do this, do the record as a .wav and then
burn as mp3s or record as mp3s and burn CDs as mp3s?  I don't find any
helpful guidelines as to what gives the best sound quality in the end. And is
there a faster way to do the process than just play the tape and record?
Fumbling in the dark here. TIA for any advice.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842