On Tuesday 27 May 2003 02:03 pm, Tom Brinkman graced me with:
> > On Tuesday May 27 2003 06:45 am, Technoslick wrote:
<snip>
> > You realize it will be hard to talk
> > about 'puters and Linux over the din? ;-)
>
>      Not after the race, back at the travel trailer parked just
> outside the track :) 'Course we'd havt'a wait till after we
> actually watched the race.

Hmmm...sounds like another most excellent OT....

> We usually record the broadcast so when
> we get back from the track we can figure it out better ;)

Because we start the drinking before or after the race?

> Nothin
> like bein by the fence tho, with 30,000 horsepower blowin by at 200
> mph, door handle to door handle, nose to toes ;))))  Been doin it
> for many years ;)

There's a rush to watching a live race that you can't get on TV. You
also can't appreciate how fast they are until you see one go right by
you!

>  Unlike some stock car fans, I like the road courses. If nothin
> else it adds variety to the sport. I like short tracks the best
> tho, Bristol TN, Richmond VA. WoO on dirt is another favorite.
> Battleground Speedway, Houston, or TMS, Fort Worth.

Yep. Variety makes what you like all the better and still expands your
tastes. Once in a great while, I'll see some World of Outlaws on TV.
I like sprints cars. We have dirt and asphalt short-track here in the
Northeast, too, but not like the south has.

>     Yeah, it was ;) Drivers can be a touchy subject.

Mama didn't raise no fool. ;-)

> 'Course my
> other favorites are the Corpus Christi boys, Texas' team, Terry and
> Bobby Labonte.

The names are very much familiar. Truthfully, I don't even get to
watch what I really like, either: Formula and Can Am, or any other
road course stuff. No time and never know when it is on.

Besides, I have hungry Linux mouths to feed. No time for such
nonesense. ;-)

>     Twice a year, the campground at Talladega becomes Alabama's
> second largest city. 500 acres of jammed in RV's, and Mardi Gras
> every night ;)  I've had tickets for both races (April-Oct) for
> some ten years now ;)

Maybe you should speak to Mandrake about having a Linux convention
there at about that time...(I am trying to keep this thread on
topic!) :-D

T <sneaking away before he gets hit>

P.S. Seriously, thanks for the enlightenment. Someday, I hope to get
back to following the racing I love.