On Wed, 28 May 2003 18:05:19 -0500
Tom Brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>    The nForce(2) chipsets are not well or completely supported by
> Linux kernel yet. Neither are Intel i<whatevers>. VIA chipsets
> boards are best supported, mainly due to their popularity and
> cooperation with the Linux community. Their best are usually
> followed with an 'a', eg, kt133a, kt266a, kt333a, and kt400a ...
> the latter which outperforms the nforce2 chipset.
>
>    nForce only derives (Windoze) rave reviews if perfectly matched,
> high quality DDR ram modules are used, and then only in few normal
> real world circunstances.  If you really want an nVidia chipset
> board, then lobby nVidia to break their license agreements and back
> room deals with Micro$oft, and help out the folks at kernel.org
> with some better cooperation.

Actually, I didn't really want an nforce2 motherboard. I just went for
this one because it had AGP 8x and got high reviews. Could anyone point
me to a motherboard that works well with linux, is not too terribly
expensive, and has support for AGP 8x (I am going to try a Radeon with
the new FireGL drivers, they are supposed to have good support with X
and WineX).

Thanks again!

Wed May 28 18:06:36 UTC 2003
 18:06:36 up  8:42,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
They told me to install Windows 98 or better, so I installed Linux.
Registered Linux User # 315649
Registered Machine # 201001