At 07:00 PM 5/28/2003 -0400, you wrote:
On Wednesday 28 May 2003 12:53 pm, John Drouhard wrote:
> I was considering upgrading my computer with a new motherboard and
> processor. I was highly considering the Asus A7N8X which uses the
> nforce2 chip set. It does not, however, have on-board video, so i was
> gonna get a radeon 9500 pro and use the FireGL drivers. Does anyone know
> if this motherboard with an Athlon XP 2100+ is compatible with Linux? I
> think it may need a patched kernel with the nforce2 drivers, but I'm not
> completely sure. Any help would be appreciated.

><snipped gregs... answer>

I know nothing about Athys. Sorry ... I do know I have an Rad 9700. Works fine but I haven't tried the ati drivers yet. Lemme reinstall linux & I"ll post my expereiences. Only caveat: I had to load linux using vgalo or whatever option it is in the advanced options menu when you go to install MDK. sigh...otherwise you get a black screen. :\ It sucks.
FemmeFatale, aka The Skirt

Good Decisions Your boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert