I have used ASUS for Linux,Win garbage and Solaris X86.
All with ZERO problems.

John Drouhard wrote:
On Wed, 28 May 2003 18:05:19 -0500
Tom Brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   The nForce(2) chipsets are not well or completely supported by
Linux kernel yet. Neither are Intel i<whatevers>. VIA chipsets
boards are best supported, mainly due to their popularity and
cooperation with the Linux community. Their best are usually
followed with an 'a', eg, kt133a, kt266a, kt333a, and kt400a ...
the latter which outperforms the nforce2 chipset.

   nForce only derives (Windoze) rave reviews if perfectly matched,
high quality DDR ram modules are used, and then only in few normal
real world circunstances.  If you really want an nVidia chipset
board, then lobby nVidia to break their license agreements and back
room deals with Micro$oft, and help out the folks at kernel.org
with some better cooperation.

Actually, I didn't really want an nforce2 motherboard. I just went for
this one because it had AGP 8x and got high reviews. Could anyone point
me to a motherboard that works well with linux, is not too terribly
expensive, and has support for AGP 8x (I am going to try a Radeon with
the new FireGL drivers, they are supposed to have good support with X
and WineX).

Thanks again!

Wed May 28 18:06:36 UTC 2003
 18:06:36 up  8:42,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
They told me to install Windows 98 or better, so I installed Linux.
Registered Linux User # 315649
Registered Machine # 201001

Kevin J Citron
Sr. Object Imagineer