On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 11:46:28 -0400
"Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> Got an odd problem here - only since I've been using v9.1 of Mandrake
> (download edition).
>
> Every so often - and I'm talking like every 5-10-15 mins or so, X
> crashes back to the shell. Always the same message, "caught signal 11,
> fatal server error". Sometimes it crashes sitting still, no games
> running, no screensaver, just sitting there - boom - back to the
> shell.

which desktop enviro are you running? the xfconfig looks right, you're
when the screensaver *attempts* to run, or are you saying you've
disabled the screensaver entirely?

a signal 11 is just a segfault IIRC, means some app hit a block it
couldn't get around. If it was XWindows that was *immediately* giving
you a signal 11, i'd be concerned. in this case I would bet it's just an
individual app.

--
 Joehill
 Registered Linux user #282046