On Tuesday 10 June 2003 11:32 am, Tom Brinkman wrote:

>    No ;)  Can't say I understand it any better than you, but I can
> copy'n paste ;)

 :-)

Thanks, thats along the lines of what I found. Lots of "hits" were advocating
disabling it, if it wasn't already.

My sons comps both have Geforce 2's with 32 and 64 megs of Ram, and both are
2X AGP. I've never seen a game crash under Linux on them.

I've got a Ti4200 with 64 megs of Ram, 4X AGP and I've had lots of instability
issues...

First I thought it was memory (and partly was - I guess - cpuburn wouldn't run
longer than 2 mins). So in came the Corsair DDR memory.

Then I thought it was heat (and again, I think it partly was). I was running
at around 50 degrees C., now I'm down to 34 degrees C. due to some extra fans
'n stuff.

Now....dunno. I'm running 9.1 download edition, and its about like when I was
running 9.0 so I don't think its the hardware. I suppose it could be
something in BIOS but I've tried default, optimized, and everything in
between. I looked at the BIOS on my oldest sons comp - its a Soyo board too
(although not a Dragon Plus) and our settings are similiar.

I might go drop down to 2X AGP and aperture of 4, like you said, just to see
what happens next.  <grin>

See ya! (and thanks as always)

--

                                            /\