On Sunday 08 June 2003 07:03 pm, ed tharp wrote:

> and what are we doing about acpi, apm, apic, both in BIOS and software,
> and what is the AGP settings? also, does this MoBo bios rest to defaults
> when it crashes? (I mean when you have to power off by the switch, if
> ever?)

Acpi and apic are turned off in lilo.conf, and apm is turned off under
services. Don't remember BIOS settings for the first 2, but apm is turned off
for all events in BIOS except to kick the monitor off after so long.

The AGP settings in BIOS are all turned off by default except for post-write
(IIRC).

Its a Soyo Dragon Plus MB, I don't think it does reset. Anyways, the crash is
not hard, just back to the shell. "startx" takes you right back to KDE.

Thanks!

--

                                            /\
                                 Dark< >Lord