Chris wrote:

On Saturday 14 June 2003 07:54 am, Dennis Myers wrote:

temp:     +127.00 °C (hot:limit =  +6°C,  hysteresis =  +5°C) ALARM
        (os: limit =  +6°C,  hysteresis =  +5°C) ALARM

Which I know is wrong for the temp and probably for the voltages. The memory reported is wrong, I have 256mb ram. When I rebooted awhile ago the cpu temp reported by the bios was 104F. Checking processes it shows lm_sensors is running and it shows start at boot. Another question I have is at the end of setting up lm_sensors it tells me to copy prog/init/lm_sensors.init to /etc/rc.d/init.d/lm_sensors can't find prog/init/lm_sensors but I guess since it did start at boot that this isn't necessary. My cpu info is an AMD 1.2Ghz T-Bird

So, bottom line, where have I screwed up my setup

Looks to me that your thermal sensors are either not detected or not there.
Here are mine, and note the 3rd sensors is physically not there in the first place and so the programme makes it up.

temp1: +37°C (limit = +60°C) sensor = thermistor
temp2: +51.5°C (limit = +60°C, hysteresis = +50°C) sensor = thermistor
temp3: +209.0°C (limit = +60°C, hysteresis = +50°C) sensor = thermistor

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]