On Sunday 15 June 2003 12:04 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I just bought a new system and am trying to install Mandrake 9.1 on it.
> Soyo KT400 Dragon Platinum MB with 1 Gig of RAM, Nvidia GE4 Ti4600 graphics
> card.
>
> When I try to boot the installation CD or DVD, I get a hard lock with a
> blank screen and Scroll and Caps Lock flashing.  I read on the support
> board that there are issues with machines with more than 1 gig of RAM and
> possibly Nvidia graphics cards, so I specified text install.
>
> Now I get a kernel panic with a message NULL dereference at 0000000.
> Anyone have any ideas how I might be able to solve this problem to get the
> system installed.

I have a Dragon Ultra Black that is basically the same board.  I found I had
to boot the installer with noapic and acpi=off boot parameters to get it to
run through.  At splash screen, hit F1 to enter additional parameters and try
typing

linux noapic acpi=off

If that does not work, you can try one of the alternate kernels listed.  Once
installed, I have found this board runs very well.  The only thing that does
not work is the Highpoint RAID controller, which works fine as a standard IDE
controller.
--
Greg