>You would either need to use the Enterprise kernel, or limit the mem
>usage to I believe less than 800MB.

>This from the OT list and Tom Brinkman, the absolute authority on these
>issues around here:

> >  I believe your video problems are E-kernel related. If you've
> > >got a lot of ram use mem=860M with the regular kernel. Your
> > > memory performance will actually be better than usin the
> > > E-kernel and tryin to use all of it.
> > >--
> > >     Tom Brinkman                  Corpus Christi, Texas
>
> > hm ok where do iput that command?  How-to pls. :D
>
>    Put   mem=860M   in your lilo append line for the regular kernel,
>run lilo, reboot an choose the regular kernel.

Update:  Well, I did manage to install with a patched kernel that someone else patched
for the vesa framebuffer video problem, that is the Nvidia graphics card + 1gig of
memory error.  However, even when I get mandrake installed, I still get major errors
with the video.  It appears that the nvidia graphics drivers demand a patched kernel
and someone the kernel patch is not compatible with the other stuff that is required
to install it.  When starting x, I get screen corruption and a lock of Linux.  The
lack of Highpoint RAID controller support is not desirable but something that I could
live with but I also have issues with the onboard LAN.  I can solve that by using a
Dlink LAN card but the graphics problems are a show stopper.

I replaced the geforce 4 with a geforce 2 with 32 meg of memory and was able to
install normally.  Still get the enterprise kernel but also the regular kernel as
well.  I can boot into either one with regular kernel limiting the memory used.
However the problems with x exist with both regular and enterprise kernels and I can't
figure out how to get around those.

Anyone with any suggestions would be appreciated.

As it is, as much as I HATE to do it, I am going to try to download Redhat ISO's in
the hopes that they support higher end hardware a little better.  I don't know what
else to do after 2 days of trying to get Mandrake to work.