On Monday June 16 2003 01:27 am, Inhabitant of Zion wrote:
> However I find that often it flags conflicts which are really
> dependancy problems. I think it gets confused sometimes with 3rd
> level dependancies (i.e. the dependancy for the rpm you are
> installing also need dependancies satisfying). Anybody else
> confirm correct me on this?

     Originally I believe that's a fair complaint. But urpmi has
been under heavy development and improvement. Latest version for
the up coming 9.2 is urpmi-4.3-15mdk  and works very well.  There
will always be more problems with non-Mandrake packages tho. A lot
of this due to improperly packaged rpms, not urpmi.