Hello bascule,

Monday, June 16, 2003, 3:51:43 PM, you wrote:

b> line wihtout one of these progs in have the script issue an alert,
b> but you'd need to find an  expert to do that and such a thing may
b> already exist.

A good idea. I'm too much of a newbie to do that, I'm afraid.

Another thought - does a linux firewall know, internally, which app is
trying to get net access? From the very little I know, it seems as
though they are built on iptables - are they app-aware? If so, it
might be a very nice addition to the open source fw's to add the
app-aware capability.

--
Thank you,
 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]