Dennis Myers wrote:
I have googled and archived the www and not found a decent answer to the message I get on boot since I changed out my CDROM. Message is ; A: drive error F1 to continue . I hit F1 and the system boots up and both hda and hdc are there and both cdrw and cdrom work. I am puzzled about what drive is in error. Any one seen this before? Advice? Guesses for grabs.

I had that error come up last week after installing a new CDRW on my A7N8X mobo,
turned out I had dislodged the floppy drive cable and when I reconnected it the
boot up message disappeared.
HTH

Graham

-- Proudly powered by GNU/Linux Mandrake-9.1 kernel 2.4.21-0.18 Registered Linux User #309089 Machine #195076 A7N8X XP2700+ 512RAM Gf4Ti4600 80Gb