At 06:33 PM 6/23/2003 +0100, you wrote:
<snips a rattlesnakes rattler! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!>
> Ugly scenario: #2 Daughter buys floppy-less Dell. Something goes
> wrong. #2 Daughter calls Daddy for help. Daddy spends a lot of time
> just figuring how to get into the #$*&! Dell so Daddy can use
> toolset while assorted grandchildren incessantly repeat that they
> "want to help Grampa". Rinse and repeat for #1 Daughter and #1 Son.
> -- cmg

Know the feeling <g>  I know they're not fashionable, but I wouldn't
be without my LS120.  It reads standard floppies as well as the 120MB
disks, so it would still do what you want.  Oops - I sound as though
I work for Imation <g>

Anne

Wake up OLD PEOPLE! Its called DISK ON KEY! HELLO?! USB keys? you know?? recognized as a floppy device by bioses now? ;D
FemmeFatale, aka The Skirt

Good Decisions Your boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert