On 23 Jun 2003 14:28:04 -0500  "N. B. Day" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Looks good here in evolution, Bear.  That's one of the few words of
> baby-talk Swedish my grandparents taught me that I can remember from
> 50 years ago.

Wow, I'm impressed! I suppose you haven't used that word for some time
:). Trevligt att träffas.

> This "queer language" is really a pidgin: Germanic structure and
> vocabulary with Frenchified fancy words.  Nobody could agree on
> grammar or what gender nouns should have, so we just gave all that up.
>  Must be hard to learn....

You bet! But no, it isn't that hard, really. After all you hear and read
english every day. There's simply no way you could avoid it, even if you
wanted to. Anyway, this kind of forum gives you some time to think, and
to correct at least the worst misstakes before you hit Send.

> --
> N. B. Day

I'll keep to my habit of ending my letters with a question. (It's
amazing how they keep popping up when you have started asking one.) This
one is definitely a newbie question of the highest degree. It concerns