FemmeFatale wrote:

At 12:04 PM 6/28/2003 +0100, you wrote:
<snip>

Femme, you may of hit on the solution. I'm not sure whether it will not only write to floppy but also insist on writing to MBR as well. My experience is that once in install lilo you aren't left with a choice, so that even if you elect to create boot floppy which is what your saying, it still wants to write something to MBR when finished.

Hmmm, wants trying .

John

I was in a situation similar to yours some months back John. I tried it & on 8.x & 9.0 it worked fine. Lilo just needed to write somewhere, it didn't care where...and I had no Lilo on my hard drive afterwards. Worth a shot as I don't think MDK would rewrite lilo code to purposefully screw someone out of dualbooting the way you are wishing to set it up.

FemmeFatale, aka The Skirt

I'll give it a try, on my next install. However I'm thinking it was between M9.0 and M9.1 when all the options started changing, so I'm not really sure , but we have been told here on newbie that once one install of M9.1 is completed on the second more options are available
I hope so, it has not been the case with my dual boot M9.0 + M9.1, but that of course is one OS each .
When and if I finally get my current M9.1 up and running to my own satisfation I'm going to wipe M9.0 once and probably for all, and begin instaling a second M9.1 and update it from cooker.
I still have a number of issues to clear up on the first and current M9.1, before I can begin.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]