FemmeFatale wrote:

At 07:43 PM 6/27/2003 +0100, you wrote:

Did you try writing this to floppy instead? Thus satisying LILO & in essence "skipping" writing to your MBR?
-------------
FemmeFatale, aka The Skirt

No I didn't Femme, is that a way to prevent lilo being written then ?

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Prevents it from being written to the MBR of your hard drive Yes. It will write Lilo to the floppy's MBR tho & if you need to copy it from there to a relevant partition & change it to reflect new pointers you can. Simple & elegant solution IMO. You can do this with a disk-on-key too if need be ofc.

FemmeFatale, aka The Skirt

Femme, you may of hit on the solution. I'm not sure whether it will not only write to floppy but also insist on writing to MBR as well. My experience is that once in install lilo you aren't left with a choice, so that even if you elect to create boot floppy which is what your saying, it still wants to write something to MBR when finished.

Hmmm, wants trying .

John

--
John Richard Smith