On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:45:45 +0100
John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well all I can say is that I took particular care on my last M9.1
> install to try and find a skip lilo install facility, and if it's there
> I couldn't find it.
>
> Part of the problem lies with the changed layout and method of install
> of DrakeX itself.
> We did have a series of active tabs down the lefthand side of the
> installer window and in most cases it was possible to merely skip onto
> the next item on the list when install boot loader came up. this is now
> no longer possible. It insists on you at least entering the install
> bootloader programme, so I assumed there must be some way of clicking a
> cancell tab , but as I say I couldn't find one. Someone please inform me !
>
> John

I'm thinking that you might need to use the expert mode to install MDK and not install
LILO, but I'm not sure about that.  Just in case, that is not correct, make a backup
copy of your existing lilo.conf and then do the install.  One of two things will
happen.  Your new install will put lilo on the MBR of the new HD (meaning when your
original mounts on reboot, your new one won't be there in the list, since the old lilo
doesn't know about the new drive).  If that's the case, just add the lines to
lilo.conf for your new drive, rerun lilo and reboot.  All should be fine.

On the other hand, your new install might overwrite the original MBR and you are now
without your original lilo.conf.  If that is the case, add either add the lines to the
new lilo.conf for your original drive or copy the backup of the lilo.conf back, edit
it for the new drive.  Either way, run lilo before rebooting.

Joeb