> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dennis Myers
>
> Does anyone know of a site or book that I can get to build a hit counter
on
> my
> web page? I have been using a commercial counter that was free if I
allowed
> their small add but now they are going to full charge and I can not afford
> that for our small business. So I want to build a hit counter and have it
> on my server in I am guessing the cgi.bin.  Any suggestions or point me in
> the right directions? I have googled all over the place, and no luck. TIA
> --
> Dennis M. linux user #180842

This appears to be what I was looking for. I am going to go get a "CGI/Perl
"
book to better understand. Thanks to you and Stephen. Stephen gave me the
needed search words to do a proper google. I will likely use your scripts
rather than try to write my own or use some that take all kinds of odd tar
file downloads.  Nicely done. Thank you,
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842

-------------------------------

Hi Dennis,

glad you like it.

I'm already working on a new version that is mod_perl capable modular and
neater code..

I don't know what you mean by this line:
"or use some that take all kinds of odd tarfile downloads."

I have just finished a new version of the downloader script on the same page
as the stats counter
and its mod_perl capable, has ssi and php plugins, an admin login similar to
the stats counter, and a heap of other odds and ends.. I still have to write
the new instal instructions but I should have it up online by tomorrow arvo,
is that what you mean?

Anyway, the purpose of this email was to say that if you need any perl/php
help, give me a yell and I'll see if I can't help you out. (I have already
put some basic perl tutes on my site for non programers (don't know if that
fits you or not.) and I have another 5 tutes to put up yet.

regards

Franki
http://htmlfixit.com