On Saturday 05 July 2003 10:37 pm, Todd Slater wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 21:48:04 -0500
>
> Dennis Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Saturday 05 July 2003 08:23 pm, Todd Slater wrote:

> > > You probably have to be root to run it since it accesses the log
> > > files. Also, you might have to create the folder where you tell it
> > > to put the stats files. I used /var/www/html/stats; and probably
> > > make it owner apache.apache.
> > >
> > > Todd
> >
> > Did that and still can't get access to a file. Nothing in stats and no
> > login comes up with the url access. I am doing something wrong on a
> > basic level and not smart enough to figure it out. When you said make
> > it owner apache.apache, what did you mean, like user=apache and
> > group=apache? or a cli command? Struggling but stubborn.
>
> Yes, chown -R apache.apache /var/www/html/stats (or whatever you decide
> to call it).
>
> What is the output you get when you run webalizer from the command line
> as root?
"command not found"  however, I loaded the files on the web server from inside
the webserver, since it sits next to me, and made the config edits using
kedit. Could this be the problem? The files may not be in ASCII? I don't know
how kedit works but there is no choice to save in ASCII. Thanks for the
feedback, I know you probably have better things to do.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842