On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 20:56, Frankie wrote:
> Stephen
> Honest people are not permitted to own guns..

Well, you CAN own a gun if you register and pass the certs and all - but
mostly people don't bother. Almost seems as though it's too much work to
own a gun and keep it locked up and whatnot...(still pisses me off that
I can't have a wrist-rocket like I did in Kentucky, tho)

> The crims didn't have to hand in their guns and stuff cos they were not
> registed in the first place..

Yeah, well, that's everywhere.

> ahhh..... I sometimes think you yanks are the only democracy that has some
> semblance of "freedom" left, the rest of us are free to the extent that we
> don't step out of the boundary's of the thousands of laws created by the
> pollies in the hopes that some of them may be popular.

Dunno - I feel hellu safer here than I ever did back in the US...and I
reckon that in a four year span, I'da been picked up or arrested at
least twice by now...and ain't even come close to that here.

> anyway, that was all OT, so I will finish by saying that page was very cool.

Ta.

--
Thu Jul 10 07:25:00 EST 2003
 07:25:00 up 3 days,  8:57,  3 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.17, 0.11

"All bastards are bastards, but some bastards is *bastards*."
(The Last Continent)