JoeHill wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:22:34 -0400
Rosario Balboa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

not being unable lo loggin in anymore.

I'm not sure what you mean here, but I would imagine that there is
something in the .bash_profile which is incompatible in .bashrc.

as you noted, .bashrc is run when you log in, if there is something
generating an error, you may not be able to login.

My reading of the man pages for bash is that .bash_profile is run when you login (referred to as a "login shell", and .bashrc is run in every other shell "interactive shell". I think that is why .bashrc is explicitly invoked inside .bash_profile - because it is not automatically run in the login shell.

is there some way you could post your current .bashrc?

cheers!

Guy Rouillier