Stephen,

----
Heheheehe....we're not allowed to have guns in Australia.
----

Now you know that is just not true...

Honest people are not permitted to own guns..

The crims didn't have to hand in their guns and stuff cos they were not
registed in the first place..

Our police force are great, they would rather investigate a murder after the
fact then give the victim the means to defend themselves before the fact..

Reasons pretty simple, if the person defends themself and doesn't die, they
are taking work away from our hard working coppers, and also they take hero
status from the cops.
Whereas if the victim dies, the cops get to do their thing and be heros when
they catch the perp. (which hasn't happened yet, but we remain ever hopeful.
:-)

Kind of ironic really, since for the most part, most have shown a preference
to setting up multinovas (speed cameras) on every corner as a means to raise
money and obliviate the need for actual work.. (although here in perth, they
are having to work tracking down raging drivers who have gotten upset and
smashed the multinovas...)

ahhh..... I sometimes think you yanks are the only democracy that has some
semblance of "freedom" left, the rest of us are free to the extent that we
don't step out of the boundary's of the thousands of laws created by the
pollies in the hopes that some of them may be popular.

anyway, that was all OT, so I will finish by saying that page was very cool.

rgds

Franki
Perth, Western Australia
htmlfixit.com