Here is the email I posted to this list and the amavis list over a year
ago..

It should still all be correct, although the download links may or may not
be.
(I added your new link already David, thankyou.

The latest engine that should work with it is
http://www.trendmicro.com/ftp/products/engine/vsapi6510rh.tar.Z

I am still running an older engine, but thats more from my lazyness
then from any problem with upgrading.. besides, I suspect that when
this is used with Trophie the engine probably doesn't matter alot.
(at least it hasn't had any problems at all as far as I am concerned.)

Technically this is all only of use to someone wanting to protect
windows users on their network from getting mail virus's by installation
on a linux mail server.. so if you want it to keep virus's off a linux box
don't waste your time, there are none worth worrying about.

regards

Franki

I have just swapped to trend viruscan for linux...

I thought I'd mention all the links and stuff, so that people can search the
archives here if they want to know how it is done.

Here is the url to download it,

ftp://ftp.antivirus.com/products/freetools/
now
http://www.trendmicro.com.au/member/Products/up_other.htm

(the address listed in the "openantivirus" readme didn't work for me, but
this one did...
download filescanlinux.tar (when you untar it, it has install instructions
and a pdf file)

If the scanner install gives you a message that it wont' install because you
don't have redhat release 6, (and you do have a modern linux)I got that
message with mandrake 7.2, edit /etc/issue (create it if you don't already
have one, go into /etc and type 'touch issue') and put the words "release 6"
in it somewhere, you can delete it after install. (thats how the install
program works out what version of linux you have) pretty lame method thinks
me, but its a good thing that its lame if you don't have redhat.

I have it working flawlessly on Mandrake and I don't think there would be
much problem getting it working on other distro's.

Here is the link to get the latest engine update, (the version I have now is
"Virus Scanner v3.1")

http://www.antivirus.com/download/engines/

Go to the Interscan viruswall table and look in the linux box.
download that tarball.

open the tarball, and copy the file in it into /etc/iscan, overwrite the
file of the same name that's in there.(it might not be a bad idea to backup
the old one in case there are problems.)

thats your engine updated to their latest version.

If for some reason the web manager pattern update feature doesn't work, (it
didn't for me, think its a isp problem, we have a strange proxy.,)
go here: http://www.antivirus.com/download/pattern.asp
choose the linux tarball and you have the latest pattern file.

Thats it,, This is a very comprhensive scanner for a freebie... much better
then the network associates vscan I was using before,,, (admitadly an old
version).

the web interface is an exceptional feature...