On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:45:24 -0400
JoeHill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:08:18 -0400
> Todd Slater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:
>
> > > ok, so far I've got the server collecting mail from the ISP for a
> > > test account I set up. however, the mail did not go to
> > > /var/spool/mail/test0001, it went to /var/spool/mail/joehill.
> >
> > you created user test0001? Just checking :) (You also might try
> > logging in as test0001 in case there are certain files that get
> > created on first login, like a mail spool--just grasping here.)
>
> yep, and if I send a test mail with the fetchmailrc showing postmaster
> "test0001", it goes to /var/spool/mail/test0001. I've logged in as
> that user several times and even created an xfce4 session
> (niiiiiiiiiice...).
>
> As soon as I change postmaster to "postmaster" (default) or comment it
> out, the mail for test0001 goes to /var/spool/mail/postfix (?).

I just don't know about the postmaster stuff in fetchmailrc. I leave
that stuff alone as I figure most of it is set up in /etc/aliases. Since
you're not retrieving mail for postmaster, I'd assume you should leave
that alone.

Any you say that /var/spool/mail/test001 exists?

Todd

--
Reclaim the flag: http://www.pbs.org/now/commentary/moyers19.html