No, I don't think postfix is interfering...

the postmaster setting in fetchmail is for admin purposes..
any admin/error messages should go to the postmaster, which
is defined in /etc/postfix/aliases to go to root..
(and you should set the root alias in there to go to your account
so you get the messages.)

Postfix is by far the easiest MTA to setup and run.. Sendmail is
argueably the hardest. (I used sendmail back when I was a redhat user.)
The only think that makes postfix slightly
harder in mandrake is that postfix on mandrake runs in a chroot
jail..
(meaning that you will need to manually make sure the files
in  /var/spool/postfix/etc match those of the same name in /etc.)

Other then that postfix won't effect fetchmail at all.

However, if after alot of fiddling you find postfix is just not working
as it should be, remove it and reinstall... I remember on the list and
experianced it myself where the postfix installed during setup was missing
symlinks in its libs dir that should have been created during the packages
installation, rpm -e postfix followed by rpm -ivh postfix fixed that
problem.

regards

Franki