Yeah, I thought it was possibly a permissions problem. I set up amavis
to run as vscan.amavis, same with clamd, same with trophie, which is
what I don't understand. Does vscan need to be vscan.amavis too?

When I run "amavisd debug" it doesn't say anything other than that it
found the internal scanner (trophie).

No errors compiling trophie, I did the same thing the first time by not
specifying the users and got a permission denied error, so I know *that*
was a permissions problem. But, I did a make clean and verified that it
runs as vscan.amavis.

Todd