Hi Franki,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 04:54:52AM +0800, Frankie wrote:
> well I can't specify with any certaintly what your problem
> is..
>
> but when i did it on mdk9.0,
> I have amavis-new, and trophie running as amavis.amavis
> It worked straight off the bat once I did that.
> Have you asked the trophie developer what the -4 error is??
> Is it mentioned on his site?
> I still think its some sort of permissions thing.

I did ask about the -4 error on the tropie/sophie/virge list, but I
haven't received any response. Nor have I received any response on the
avamis list. The -4 error is not mentioned anywhere save regarding an
install on Red Hat. Something about the compiler and links unique to Red
Hat.

Here's another clue. After installing Trend, I was unable to connect to
port 1812 as the manual instructs. I thought it was just a configuration
gui, and since I think it's already configured OK I didn't think about
it. I don't know if the port needs to be open to work with Trophie or
not.

I'm going to go back and try setting up amavis to run as amavis.amavis,
change permissions on the folders as described in the amavis docs, and
recompile trophie to run as amavis.amavis. Argh!

Todd

--
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom