-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Franki,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 04:54:52AM +0800, Frankie wrote:
> well I can't specify with any certaintly what your problem
> is..
>
> but when i did it on mdk9.0,
> I have amavis-new, and trophie running as amavis.amavis
> It worked straight off the bat once I did that.
> Have you asked the trophie developer what the -4 error
is??
> Is it mentioned on his site?
> I still think its some sort of permissions thing.

I did ask about the -4 error on the tropie/sophie/virge
list, but I
haven't received any response. Nor have I received any
response on the
avamis list. The -4 error is not mentioned anywhere save
regarding an
install on Red Hat. Something about the compiler and links
unique to Red
Hat.

Here's another clue. After installing Trend, I was unable to
connect to
port 1812 as the manual instructs. I thought it was just a
configuration
gui, and since I think it's already configured OK I didn't
think about
it. I don't know if the port needs to be open to work with
Trophie or
not.

I'm going to go back and try setting up amavis to run as
amavis.amavis,
change permissions on the folders as described in the amavis
docs, and
recompile trophie to run as amavis.amavis. Argh!

Todd

----------------------------

I think thats the best way to go..

Last resport would be to look though the src of trophie and
see if you
can work out from that what is causing the -4.

As I understand it, trophie is sortof a daemon wrapper for
the trend engine.
I don't think the port 1812 is of any relevance.

Do the recompile, like I said, once I did, it worked
flawlessly.

regards

Franki