On Thu, 07 Oct 1999, you wrote:

Can Linux-Mandrake 6.0 be installed onto SCSI drives?  I continually get an
Fdisk error message "An error occured reading the partition table for the
block dvice /tmp/sdc.  The error was: device not configured".  I have 6GB of
an 18GB drive free and ready to use for Linux, IF I can ever get past this
hurtle.  can anyone out there help me??

Please send your messages as "plain text." I'm not sure how
you sent this one, but it didn't want to copy your message
when I hit the "reply" button. :-)
In any event, I think the problem is that it's trying to
modify the device /tmp/sdc instead of /dev/sdc. Are you
using some sort of "drive manager" software or something?
Also, you'll either need an IDE drive or a boot disk unless
you compile the scsi drivers into the kernel yourself. If
you choose to use a small IDE, you can put /boot and / on
the IDE and everything else should go on the SCSI.
        John