From: Alan Shoemaker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 1999 8:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Install Help

> "Karnos, John G" wrote:
>
> Can Linux-Mandrake 6.0 be installed onto SCSI drives?  I continually
> get an Fdisk error message "An error occured reading the partition
> table for the block dvice /tmp/sdc.  The error was: device not
> configured".  I have 6GB of an 18GB drive free and ready to use for
> Linux, IF I can ever get past this hurtle.  can anyone out there help
> me??
>
> TIA
> John G. (Jack) Karnos
>     (760) 939-8507
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

John....you probably have a removable media scsi device (like a cdrom)
and disk druid can't read it because theres no disk inserted.  That's
ok, you don't want to partition it anyway, just tell disk druid (oops,
you said fdisk, why are you using that?) to skip it and you'll be able
to get on with your partitioning.  Linux installs fine on scsi disks.

Alan