John Aldrich wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> > John....that's not true, I've been running a dual scsi drive, dual os
> > system with win98 and mdk (5.2, 5.3, 6.0 & finally 6.1) since February
> > and the only ide device I have is a ls-120 superdisk.  I've never used
> > anything but the kernal that comes with the distribution (I upgraded 6.0
> > to the 2.2.9-27mdk kernal distributed in the updates, but it was in an
> > rpm, no compiling was done).
> >
> Hmm...Ok. I was told that the pre-packaged kernels don't
> have SCSI support built-in and that you have to compile it
> in. Oh, well...guess that's what I get for listening to the
> "experts." ;-)
> >
> > BTW, what mail client do you use that has so
> > much trouble handling so many different people's
> > messages?  I had no clue that John Karnos' > message was
> > any different than one of yours (I'm using the mail client
> > in netscape (the version distributed with mdk 6.1), I
> > just read it and replied to it.  No problems. (-: >
> >
> I'm using KMail 1.0.24 which comes with the KDE 1.1.1 RPMs
> for RedHat 6.0. It doesn't handle "special" stuff. Netscape
> does handle HTML and other "non-standard" stuff OK, but it
> doesn't support (directly, at least) multiple email
> addresses, AFAIK. I've got 3 pop addresses and I need
> something that'll read 'em all. :-)
>         John

John....I guess that's the one that comes with an icon on the right side
of the panel in KDE?  I tried it once a couple of mdk releases back and
hated it.  I remove the icon as soon as I install an upgrade. (-:
Anyway that was when I was first starting to use Linux and was trying to
find a mail client that I liked as much as Outlook Express.  At the time
I really didn't want to use Netscape, either as a browser or a mail
client, but that's what I ended up using (for both). )-:  And actually
I'm quite happy with it now.  You're correct though, all you get is one
identity/address, which is part of what I don't like about it. (-:

Alan