Anne Wilson wrote:

On Tuesday 29 Jul 2003 1:04 pm, Ralph Slooten wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:54:59 +0100

Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes, this shouldn't be a problem, just don't ask me what software
you need to use, or how you can transfer it into DVD format (if
that's your intention).

That's fine, Ralph. I'll read around if I get any further with this.

Storage was the other
solution.. like backups, which would be the only reason why I may
ever buy such a DVD writer,

I thought of that too, but realistically, I'm not sure I fancy a multisession disk that bit <g> It would take me quite a while to fill it if I save data alone.

Thanks, too, for the info about DivX

Does that mean that we are going to be forced to pay for many,
many hours of unwanted rubbish stuck on the end every time we buy
a film, just to make them bigger than the new standard? It
doesn't bear thinking about. It's bad enough now, only being
able to buy some films in the 'special' editions, with heaven
knows what stuck on the end - which I've never watched.

LOL... It's not like you are being "forced" to buy this extras
shit, but more like they add it for the sole-purpose of filling the
DVD beyond the 4.x limit of blank DVD's.

It seems that increasingly the big box office hits are being released only in 2-disk sets, with the second one being full of the extras. Even when that isn't so, a film with 'extras' is often higher priced than the majority of films, so I think I *am* being forced to buy them if I want the film.

I have had discussions
about this too with many people. Some say that's bullshit, and that
those extras are to make it more interesting for the viewer,
however I strongly dissagree. How many videos did you ever watch
with al those extras?

Not one.

Anne

Those other programmes you mentioned, are they videotaped ptogrammes?

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]