On Thursday 31 July 2003 12:15 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:
> magnet wrote:
> >I can only start mplayer up in full screen. I have checked the konsole
> >messages during start-up for references to files accessed and have checked
> >the contents of those config files for any settings that might cause this
> >problem.

I always go into /home/darklord/.mplayer/config and change one line:

##
## MPlayer config file
##
## This file can be copied to /etc/mplayer.conf and/or ~/.mplayer/config .
## If both exist, the ~/.mplayer/config's settings override the
## /etc/mplayer.conf ones. And, of course command line overrides all.
## The options are the same as in the command line, but they can be specified
## more flexibly here. See below.
##

fs=no                   # Enlarges movie window to your desktop's size.
                                # Used by drivers: all

> I suspect a mplayer  problem with  video drivers.
> nvidia have reworked their drivers for M9.1 and I'm guessing mlayer
> doesn't work well with it. Just a guess.
>
> John

Hmm, I would tend to doubt that (although I could always be wrong). I'm using
the latest Nvidia stuff here (4496) and was using 4393 before that. Mplayer
works fine here under both.

Some movies are just encoded so that you can't do much with them. Having said
that, you can launch Mplayer from the shell and pass options to it to adjust
things, even on the fly. Their web site has an overabundance of info.

HTHs! :-)

--

                                                          /\
                                                Dark><Lord