On Friday 01 August 2003 01:07 am, Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:

> Oh well.  I'm sure I could create a config file, it's just not a
> priority at this time.  mplayer works well as it is.  I'll just continue
> to use it with the -nofs option.

Usually, when I run it the first time after I compile/install it, I get a
message about not being able to find the codecs file. It also tells where to
copy it from:

/usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf

to your home/user/.mplayer directory, and like you said, I believe it creates
a new config file when first run. I also would have thought that if it could
not find it, it would recreate a basic config file. I might be wrong though.

Maybe you can try that (again?) and see what happens.

Lemme know.

--

                                                          /\
                                                Dark><Lord