Ronald J. Hall wrote:

On Friday 01 August 2003 01:07 am, Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:

Oh well. I'm sure I could create a config file, it's just not a
priority at this time. mplayer works well as it is. I'll just continue
to use it with the -nofs option.

Usually, when I run it the first time after I compile/install it, I get a message about not being able to find the codecs file. It also tells where to copy it from:

/usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf

to your home/user/.mplayer directory, and like you said, I believe it creates a new config file when first run. I also would have thought that if it could not find it, it would recreate a basic config file. I might be wrong though.

Maybe you can try that (again?) and see what happens.

Lemme know.

It creates a new *empty* config file every time I mv the old one.

I got the same message about the codecs.conf file. I copied it over and nothing changed... that I could see.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)