Ronald J. Hall wrote:

On Thursday 31 July 2003 12:15 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:

magnet wrote:

I can only start mplayer up in full screen. I have checked the konsole
messages during start-up for references to files accessed and have checked
the contents of those config files for any settings that might cause this
problem.

I always go into /home/darklord/.mplayer/config and change one line:

##
## MPlayer config file
##
## This file can be copied to /etc/mplayer.conf and/or ~/.mplayer/config .
## If both exist, the ~/.mplayer/config's settings override the
## /etc/mplayer.conf ones. And, of course command line overrides all.
## The options are the same as in the command line, but they can be specified
## more flexibly here. See below.
##

fs=no                   # Enlarges movie window to your desktop's size.
                                # Used by drivers: all

What does

fs=no

signify ?

I tried it in ~/.mplayer/config

didn't seem to make any difference.

remember this is in   gmplayer    only,
mplayer is ok, it's just that I don't use it much.

and the window itself resizes, but not the picture.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]