On Monday 11 Aug 2003 6:15 pm, Tom Brinkman wrote:

Well, I'm reading this thread and seein the suggestions to use
hdparm parameters in rc.local or harddisks with some wonderment.
With Mandrake 9.x, you shouldn't need to configure any hdparm
parameters. Mandrake does it automatically unless it detects known

so, the idea is that I should leave my hdparm alone? And, well, following sugestions here I did a coulpe of commands ... did they remain active even after a reboot? and if so: how do I set them back?