On Monday 25 Aug 2003 6:02 pm, Lanman wrote:
> HaywireMac; No knickers to worry about! You might be right about
> the hijack, under the conditions you specified. I didn't see a
> hijack happening, because my thread was under a different name.
> Just so you know, I've never even seen any list of rules, didn't
> even know they existed until now. When I signed onto the list
> (dinaosaurs were just fading out of existence back then, LOL!),
> there weren't any rules mentioned there. Usually, I use the "reply"
> function in my email client to respond or to post to the list.
> Since the function is there, I just make use of it. But if I'm
> changing the contents of the subject-line, I interpret that as a
> new thread. Maybe that's where I'm going wrong? Or maybe the server
> just handles it that way.

Actually, Lanman, that *is* what caused the problem.  If you check the
full headers of a thread you will see a list of reference such as

 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This is what is used to keep threads together, so if you erase a
subject line to start a new thread it is still linked by the