From: John Richard Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 1:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Dell TFT 17"Flat Screen

I see, so in regards to TFT's it's not a case then of a beam of
electrons scanning the screen top left to botton right so many times a
second ( CRT of 85Mhz = 85 refershed scans per second) but a question of
how many times a pixel is electronically swithced on and off
electronically, that is by a circuit behind that pixel ?

So  a TFT with a refresh rate of 16ms  is being switched on and off,
16/1000of a second each time. I guess as time goes on that time will
decrease some as technology improves.

Yes, I think Dell merely badge someone elses make don't they, they buy
in large orders at a time at best prices and badge them, and sometimes
they get a bad deal, and sell the shipment off quickly to a retailer for
a knockdown price. That is why I was suspicious in the first place, and
came to the list, because I have extremely limited experience with these
devices. Seems like I will have to keep my old CRT's a while longer yet.

John

Tony S. Sykes wrote:

>John,
>
>I am sure Dell sell rebranded monitors anyway (correct me if I am
>wrong). So you need to try and find out who the original manufacturer
>is. I've got a Hitachi 17" 1280x1024 with a 16ms refresh rate. It is a
>lot sharper than crt's. Mine cost a little more about £400 but it was
>the top of the range in the 16ms bracket (6 months ago). You only need
>that fast a response if your gaming (and I do). The faster the response
>the less ghosting you get (response is the time it takes for the pixel
>to turn off and back on again, the system does not refresh in the same
>sense as a crt). There is no flicker on tft's like crt's so don't worry
>about that. I think they are a lot better (less power hungry too).
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tony.

interpolation

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street