On Saturday 30 Aug 2003 1:28 am, Russ wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is probably a stupid question but here goes anyway. What is
> the difference between Netscape and Mozilla?
>
> I have downloaded and installed both (actually just getting my sea
> legs). I installed them in separate directories but they still seem
> to have merged. All my settings (email & browser) are the same in
> both. But I can't open one while the other is open (actually it
> opens but with no user settings - blank slate).

Others have dealt with the other issues, but I also installed both
when I was running 9.0.  Netscape 'took over' Mozilla's config files,
and I had increasing problems with Moz after that, until one day I
found I could not run it at all.  There is even a warning on
Netscape's site somewhere that it must not be allowed to share Moz's
config directory - but it doesn't tell you how to avoid it.

Anne