Margot wrote:

John Richard Smith wrote:

Margot wrote:

Charles A Edwards wrote:

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 21:02:40 +0100
Margot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Although it is mentioned in "Help", I don't have this option!

OK, I'm running cooker and mozilla-1.4 and that option is present.
Check my 9.1 system with mozilla-1.3.1 and as you say that option is not
present.
I do not use mozilla mail, sylpheed-claws rocks my world, so it is
possible that spell checking simple does not work with 1.3.1.
Possible someone who's client is mozilla mail can provide a definitive
answer/solution.

Charles

Hmmm...strange. I'm running mozilla 1.4, but on Mandrake 9.0 - maybe I need to upgrade to 9.1?

Thanks for trying, Charles.

Margot

The texstar mozilla 1.4 on M9.1 includes a spellchecker option to install.
Which is what I have.
I don't know about the tar ball mozilla 1.4 version though.

John

Oops! Sorry, hit send before adding my reply! Need more coffee....

I used the tarball because I didn't know how to use urpmi. I'm now learning urpmi, and tried to add texstar as a source, but it failed. Is texstar still available as a source for Mandrake 9.0, and if it is can someone tell me what to type? Or do I need to take the plunge and upgrade to 9.1?

Margot

The short answer from me is I don't know, but I suspect it ought not to matter.

I don't have good internet connections and so elected to download the whole lot and manually install them all. For your information these are all the packages I have, and it was not particularly difficult to get them, in order, to install them correctly. They all came from Texstar website and I downloaded them with D4X the downloader programme.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] MozV1.4]# ls
libnspr4-devel-1.4-1mdk.i586.rpm         mozilla-irc-1.4-1mdk.i586.rpm
mozilla-1.4-1mdk.i586.rpm                mozilla-java-1.4-1tex.i586.rpm
mozilla-devel-1.4-1mdk.i586.rpm          mozilla-js-debugger-1.4-1mdk.i586.rpm
mozilla-dom-inspector-1.4-1mdk.i586.rpm  mozilla-mail-1.4-1mdk.i586.rpm
mozilla-enigmail-1.4-1mdk.i586.rpm       mozilla-realplayer-1.4-1tex.i586.rpm
mozilla-enigmime-1.4-1mdk.i586.rpm       mozilla-spellchecker-1.4-1mdk.i586.rpm
mozillafirebird-0.6-3tex.i586.rpm        mozplugger-1.3.0-1tex.i586.rpm
mozilla-flash-1.4-1tex.i586.rpm          RealPlayer8-8.0.3-5tex.i586.rpm

I don't think I left anything out, but once installed up and running, go through the preferences procedures and ellect to install the plugins, like english spellchecker, the default is American, or whatever is your want. I have a feeling I also installed some additional java stuff, but my mind plays tricks on me these days. If I were you I'd continue to muck around in M9.0 for a bit longer just to get the hang of things a bit more,
and then ellect to install M9.1 and armed with the above packages and first time around experience it ought to be much easier. Just my 2 penny's worth. Don't feel compeled about it, I'm fairly confident Mozilla1.4 from Texstar ought to install on M9.0.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]