On Saturday 30 August 2003 09:28 am, Anarky wrote:
>     I hear of this program 'wondermaker' ... which would enable one to
> interectivelly browse the web & stuff .. while still downloading at max
> speed possible (eg. the download speed would lower to leave space for
> browsing when one needed it) ... do you know any other such tools? I've
> installed this one and ... well, seems I don't know what to do ... do
> you by any chance know of any gui tools with which one could graphically
> & interactivelly lower the speed of ongoing downloads to make room for
> some browsing?

   I do this all the time using Opera as a browser, the download seems to
temperaly slow while web pages are loading. I think that there are some other
browsers that do the same but I cant say for sure, it has been a long time
since I used anything other than Opera. You can get Opera at www.opera.com or
if you feel brave this is the URL for the latest Beta It seems 99% bug free.
http://www.opera.com/download/index.dml?platform=linux&ver=7.20b7

  Marc
    KM5KW