Yesterday, I sent three postings to the list. None of them have appeared, so
here is another try.

On Sunday 31 Aug 2003 1:54 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> On Sunday 31 August 2003 08:10 am, Keith Powell wrote:
> > On Sunday 31 Aug 2003 2:21 am, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > > And here comes the bad news : Opera relies on the Qt
> > > libraries from the Norwegian company Trolltech. Those are
> > > the same libraries KDE relies on (hence the shared libraries
> > > option).
> > >
> > > Some time ago I asked Trolltech about their alleged
> > > connection with SCO. They didn't answer. However, the
> > > allegations seem to be quite true - Google will confirm
> > > that. SCO and Trolltech are in the same *Canopy*.
> > >
> > > So - now I have to reconsider.
> > >
> > > Kaj Haulrich.
> >
> > Does this mean that if we use KDE we are, in a sense,
> > supporting SCO? Or am I being paranoid?
> >

> As long as KDE is free (as in beer) I don't think it matters
> much. And I don't think the fine people in the KDE project feel
> comfortable about it - if they even know.
>
> But Opera isn't free. I guess they pay royalties to Trolltech,
> thus supporting the Canopy group and SCO. Of course this is
> peanuts only and a bit paranoid on our part.
>
> The SCOundrels can't fight IBM and the entire free world
> simultaneously without support from a much stronger and
> clandestine force : The evil Empire.
>
> So, before you scuttle KDE, Opera, Star Office et., etc., get rid
> of any contaminated bits and bytes from you know who.
>
> Kaj Haulrich.

Agreed!!!!

I searched for, eventually found, and blew the cobwebs of my "You-know
who"98SE drive the other week to use a program which I thought was better
then the linux equivalent. Then I compared it with the Linux equivalent, and
the Linux program was better. My memory was evidently playing tricks!

Keith