Sharrea Day wrote:

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 17:43, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

This sounds awfully familiar.

Go to /etc/sysconfig and look at the network file. It should have
something like this:

NETWORKING=yes
FORWARD_IPV4=true
HOSTNAME=darkforce.com (yours would go here)
DOMAINNAME=com
GATEWAY=
GATEWAYDEV=ppp0

If your network file does not have this, edit it, then as root do a
"service network restart" and try kppp then.

Let us know what happens.

Ron I'm sure you just hit the nail on the head! I take back my earlier advice, got a bit mixed up and forgot the correct file to edit. Don't know how I could forget since its the first thing I do after a clean install.

Bet Ron's advice above fixes the problem. It is a bug in MDK9.1 where the gateway is incorrect for dialup modems and it is necessary to add the "GATEWAYDEV=ppp0".

And Anarky, don't forget to restart the network after editing this file:

# service network restart

thanks !! thanks a LOT!!! You guys (everybody who's answered to this topic) have been GREAT!!! Incredible even! Thanks! Many many thanks. Like I said the problem isn't personal, I'm asking for the person with the problem (a bit shy/new).. but with all the info I'm sure the problem will get solved. Thanks a LOT!!!