On Friday 29 August 2003 04:33 pm, Anarky wrote:
>     I'm asking this for a friend:
> she installed Mandrake 9.1, and dial-up worked ... well .. pretty much
> (I was suprsied because I have never seen a dialup modem working with
> linux) ... thing is: it connects to the isp ... but any website one
> tries to browse to ... it says 'could not reach host' .. or something
> like htat .. so it actually connects, uses the password ... logs in ...
> but then everythign is like if it were offline. Ideas please?

Make sure that you have removed all of the zeroconf stuff from Mandrake.  What
is probably happening is that your network interface is activating before you
dial in.  Once you dial in, your dhcp is not getting setup correctly so you
are not getting a DNS server to resolve addresses.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer