John Richard Smith wrote:
Margot wrote:

Derek Jennings wrote:

On Sunday 31 Aug 2003 9:59 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:

On Sunday 31 August 2003 06:46 pm, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:

<snip>

What about representative government?  Haven't they heard
about people that vote?  Is anybody demonstrating or raising a
ruckus as of right now, outside their doors?  There's got to
be something that can be done, surely. (?)

LX

</snip>

Actually there's a demonstration scheduled for tomorrow at the
European headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. Only the European
Parliament is nothing but a *Mickey Mouse*-parliament, a place
where to dump incompetent, fouled-up and compromised politicians
from all over Europe. Wether they cast their ballots for or
against something doesn't matter. The real power lies with the
Commission. And they are a very big target for lobbyists, so go
figure.

Kaj Haulrich.

At a risk of getting dangerously off topic. Can anyone name their European Member of Parliment? I certainly cannot.

Yes. Dr Caroline Lucas (South East England)

Margot

That's good Margot , I cannot remember mine, but more importantly , how do I find out, prefereably on the net if at all possible, and how do we start letting them know what we think about the new ledgislation.

Although I'm aware of the protest etc via these websites, how on earth am I a Joe soap going to present a case for my MEP to put to the Commisssion ?

John

Caroline Lucas has 2 email addresses on the contact page of her website which is www.carolinelucasmep.org.uk (found through Google!)

Presumably other MEPs have similar arrangements for those who live outside South East England, or who prefer another Party!

Margot